The Matoran language was a language spoken mainly by Matoran. However, several other Sapient Species of the Matoran Universe were also able to speak Matoran.
Matoran used a number of different phrases as different forms of slang.
- Bioquake - A synonym for Earthquake.
- Brother/Sister – A word that Toa usually use to address their fellow Team Members, despite no Biological relation. Artakha and Karzahni also referred to each other as brothers.
- Fire-Spitter - The commonly-used Le-Matoran slang phrase for Ta-Matoran.
- Tethysians - A Term used to describe Matoran Native to Tethys.
Curses and InsultsEdit
Phrases which were used mostly used to insult, provoke, or describe things in an informal way.
- Kavinika - An insult mainly used against female Skakdi.
- Akilini/Kolhii Head - A term that commonly means fool.
- Rock-Head - The Tethys Variation of the word fool/idiot.
- Go to Karzanhi - A term used as the equivilant to Go to Hell.
- Muaka Dung/Vorox Dung - A phrase used by Matoran to insult each other. It would be the closest expression to a curse in the Matoran Language and in Tethys.
Matoran also used different prefixes to describe Elemental Powers.
- Ta - Fire
- Ga - Water
- Le - Air
- Onu - Earth
- Po - Stone
- Ko - Ice
- Av - Light
- Kra - Shadow
- Fe - Iron
- Ba - Gravity
- De - Sonics
- Ce - Psionics